On the C2-SENSE project eight companies from different parts of Europe are working in collaboration, within the Seventh Framework Programme of the EU.
Safran Electronics & Defense, a high-tech company in the Safran group, holds world or European leadership positions in optronics, avionics, electronics and safety-critical software for both civil and military markets. Safran Electronics & Defense is the No. 1 company in Europe and No. 3 worldwide for inertial navigation systems (INS) used in air, land and naval applications. It is also the world leader in helicopter flight controls and the European leader in optronics and tactical UAV systems. Operating across the globe through the Safran group, Safran Electronics & Defense and its subsidiaries employ 7,500 people in Europe, Southeast Asia and North America.
C2-SENSE project is managed by the Optronics & Defense division of Safran Electronics & Defense.
The Optronics & Defense division has the best technologies in the world in terms of optronics systems and equipment for armed and security forces. These are used in airborne, naval and land applications: imagers and infrared and light-intensifying cameras, sights, periscopes, gyrostabilized pods, etc. It also offers militaries advanced solutions in air-land battle space digitization: soldier modernization, vehicle digitization (vetronics), UAV systems, surveillance, etc.
Lutech S.p.A., part of the Laserline Group, is an Italian ICT engineering and services company, working successfully for more than ten years and delivering robust and timely solutions to leading corporate Clients. Combining comprehensive transversal technological competences, with a wide experience in vertical industries, Lutech’s targets market includes: Telco&Media, Finance, Enterprise, Central Government, Local Government&Healthcare. Lutech can count on a team of over 900 professionals and offices in Cologno Monzese (Milan), Modena, Florence, Rome, Pomezia, Naples, Bari, Catania, London (UK). Financial turnover of Lutech group in 2014 has reached about 115 Million Euros, thus making Lutech a financially strong company with a bright industrial vision. Lutech professionals are grouped into specialist competence centers where the core skills are brought to excellence and best practices are encouraged to produce add-value results: Contact Center&CRM, Security&IT Governance, Enterprise Applications, Next Generation Data Center&ICT Infrastructure, Video Solutions, Mobile Apps, Process&Project Management, Managed Services, Mainframe Services, wHospital®. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria’s largest non-university research institute, is among the European research institutes a specialist in the key infrastructure issues of the future. As an Ingenious Partner to industry and public institutions, AIT is already researching and developing the technologies, methods and tools of tomorrow ‑ paving the way for the innovations of the day after tomorrow. AIT provides research and technological development to realize basic innovations for the next generation of infrastructure related technologies in the fields of Health & Environment, Energy, Mobility and Safety & Security. These technological research areas are supplemented by the competence in the area of Innovation Systems. As a national and international network node at the interface of science and industry AIT enables innovation through its scientific-technological expertise, market experience, tight customer relationships and high quality research infrastructure.
SRDC Ltd. is a spin-off company of the Middle East Technical University (METU), Software Research and Development Center, located in the METU’s techno park. SRDC enjoys strong backing from the university for transferring the R&D efforts to the industry and public administrations. SRDC performs R&D activities both for developing brand new products and services and for innovative improvement of existing products and services. The company has extensive expertise in large-scale software development, interoperability standards and enabling technologies, semantic Web technologies, interoperability solutions for e-health, e-government and e-business domains, data analytics, conformance and interoperability testing, and mobile application development.
In C2-SENSE project, SRDC will develop the emergency profiles and corresponding software tools for the Information Interoperability Layer. Specifically, the Semantic Interoperability Layer will be developed by SRDC. Meanwhile, SRDC will also be active in Knowledge Layer where an Emergency Profile Definition Language (EPDL) are developed and Aligned Procedures Layer where generic profiles are specialized for specific organizations/incidents. Having extensive experience in the certification field, SRDC is responsible for the development of Conformance and Interoperability Testing Mechanisms and Certification.”
Servizio Protezione Civile Regione Puglia – In the field of Civil Protection the Apulian regional Government regulates the organization of functions and administrative tasks, for which it is invested or it is entitled, related to the care of the interests and the promotion of the development of its community according to cooperation principles with security force, Provinces, and other local authorities.
These functions and administrative tasks, which are managed by the regional Civil Protection Service, concern the following areas:
- guidance and monitoring of the regional system of civil protection;
- preparing, in accordance with national guidelines, the forecasting and risk management programs, assuring that they are in line with the regional land use and forest plans, as well as with laws and other general regulatory activities concerning the management of relevant accident risks. The definition of these management programs follows the identification of the land areas potentially subject to these accidents with a specific focus on areas having high environmental accident risks;
- definition of guidelines for the preparation of emergency plans at provincial (sub-regional) level with specific care of accidents as envisaged by the national Law 225/1992
- coordination of the activities: of public and private entities involved in the management of emergency situations; the urgent actions in case of a imminent or during a crisis, related to extinguish forest fires also coordinating the use of aircraft owned by the Italian national Government; the initiatives and forms of technical cooperation and financial support of local civil protection;
- organization of the follow up activities after the first emergency management phase in order to restore normal living and environmental conditions in the affected areas normally in strict cooperation with the National Department of Civil Protection;
- promotion of informative and training activities of regional communities, including definition of agreement with entitled institutions;
- control the organization and use of voluntary civil protection organizations at regional level.
InnovaPuglia S.p.A., an Apulia Region’s in-house company , drives the Apulia Region in the setting of a Regional Digital System for the development of innovative smart services that achieve the goal of improving the citizens life quality. Apulia Region commits the task of implementing European Digital Agenda to InnovaPuglia, according to the paradigm of Open and Smart Innovation, in order to simplify the citizen-public administration relationship and rationalize public spending review. The InnovaPuglia’s mission is to implement digital infrastructure and services, ensuring coordination and concentration of economic resources, transparency of procedures and high quality of the operational standards and to promote the growth of the smart communities, the socio-economic development and the improvement of efficiency, interoperability and cooperation of the Apulia Region administration.
A non-exhaustive list of projects driven by InnovaPuglia is as follows:
- RUPAR (Regional public administration net infrastructure);
- Territorial Informative System;
- E-health informative System;
- “Sistema Puglia” Platform;
- EmPULIA (Public e-procurement platform);
- Turism Integrated System;
- E-justice Informative System;
- LivingLabs (ICT innovation networks);
- Regional Broadband network.
Role of InnovaPuglia in C2-SENSE project: WP7 (C2-SENSE Pilot Application Deployment) Leader.
PIAP has been developing new technologies since its formation in the year 1965. Nowadays it belongs to the top ten of Polish Research Institutes. It is a state owned entity supervised by the Ministry of Economy. PIAP`s main task is the transfer of modern technologies originating both from our own work as well as from cooperation with other science and technology subjects to world market. From the beginning of its activity it is solving technical problems in various sectors connected with security of citizens, security of infrastructure and technical support for public and national security services. PIAP flag products ‐ mobile robots for special tasks are used by European police and military forces. Moreover PIAP offers the following services to its clients: implementation of scientific and R&D projects required for development of new methods and equipment in the fields of: robotics, satellite navigation and telemetry, testing components and systems at certified Laboratory for Testing of Industrial Automation and Robotics.
PIAP has acquired experience in both security and ICT activities for last 15 years in following areas:
- Border protection and monitoring. Development of portable support systems for security applications ‐ especially for first responders and special forces operated in urban area. Also equipment development for mobile command centres including wideband communication, secure data transmission, data fusion and visualization (including Human‐Machine‐Interface), ‐ Development of specialized system for predictive monitoring of critical infrastructure for cascade phenomenon avoidance purposes.
- Development of sensor data and information management technologies for capturing, processing and managing data considering multi‐sensor data fusion, especially data from sensors distributed on the large area. We are experienced in interfacing, data conditioning and pre‐processing as well as development real‐time systems for these purposes. Relevant experience in development of intelligent database storing fused sensors data and supported with AI techniques for perception support and decision making process.
Having extensive experience in the security field, PIAP will lead the work on the aligned procedures and operations layers as well as PIAP will produce the profiles for the physical interoperability layer and will support AIT partner in the knowledge interoperability layer.
Regola has been designing software solutions and applications in the ICT since 1995 and it’s headquartered in Torino, North-West of Italy.
Most of products are decision-making support Platforms or Tools targeted to Healthcare and Public Administration, with a remarkable expertise in the Emergency Management. The mission for almost 20 years has been searching for the highest quality and innovation plus integrating all solutions and improving the whole systems, together with all-round assistance.
Currently responsible for Italian Emergency Centers (EMS, City Police, Civil Protection), remotely in other countries and indirectly selling to 3rd party providers, Regola also covered a starring role in designing the ICT architecture of Region Piemonte (TETRA equipped) as well as providing crucial support during the XX Olympic Winter Games in Torino (year 2006). Supporting the Ministry of Health, National Public Agencies and Non-Profit Organizations, Regola delivers strategic Tools for Public Safety, Emergency and Disaster Preparedness and finally Resource Planning/Deployment.
Such as the web GIS (Orientae), provided even “as a Service”, able to aggregate data from any source (Local Data layers, Open Data layers, Big Data,..) and manage custom visualizations, being sensible to Secure Societies promoted by the EU Framework Programme Horizon 2020. Regola’s CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch), SaveOnLine Suite 5, enables the cooperation and coordination of virtually any Emergency Response Organization and its specific Resources. Designed to respond to 112 Unique Number requirements, to integrate ProQA (MPDS) and LowCode (low-acuity cases) by Priority Dispatch, SaveOnLine has been awarded with the Paramount Integration Certification – Platinum Level. Being the first Italian company to introduce in Italy the ProQA system, Regola still continues a strong and technical partnership with Priority Dispatch.
Furthermore Regola provides software solutions to connect Hospitals, Public Health Agencies, Emergency Volunteering Associations to Emergency Response Organizations as well as to elevate the quality of territorial cooperation among those same Agencies at all levels. More than 100 Hospitals and Clinics in over 5 Regions are connected with Tempore, an advanced and reliable platform for Teleconsulting and Telemedicine, with the purpose to avoid patients’ transfer by having high quality and specialistic 1st and 2nd opinion, potentially performed from any part of the World.
In its personnel and collaborators there are EMS volunteers and Firefighter volunteers, with the aim of being attentive and sensible to the problems of both Emergency Response Centers and field responders.
Regola is currently engaged in EU Projects and communities being both RTD Partner and End User.
2,251 total views, 1 views today